Tuesday, August 21, 2012

My favourite kitchen gadgets!!!!!

I have been an avid kitchen collector from my teen years,A strange acumen for kitchen's useful yet contemporay stuff.I would suggest my mother for picking up stuff and would love to try my hand on it.When I started my own kitchen with support of my hubby I collected certain things which made me proud to own them and flaunt them!!!
1)Chopping board-Would suggest bamboo one which is single cut and large...It has a coating which protects it from wearing down early.
Rectangular ones are more stroke friendly.
2)A bamboo salad bowl-Organic fruit and salad server and its earthiness is what attracts me most.They come with mixing spatulas and designed widely.




3)Olive oil press and dispense-This little bottle of suction I bought from 'Crate and barrel'.Its very handy and pours oil as wished according to measured oil in pout.I love it for vinagrettes and salad dressings.







4)Magnetic spice keepers-Got  these from 'Ikea' and proudly decorate my spice collection in it.I have sticked them on refrigerator and use them daily




5)Mini dip servers-Got these little ones from 'Bed bath and beyond' and are indispensible in my guest service.I love white porcelain for serving dishes, dips and salsas.They bring out bright radiant colours of the food
served.





6)Baking brush-A bristled brush of silicone in red is very handy for me in baking and barbeque,basting the meat is easy and so is for breads.It can with stand high temperatures of 425 degree farenheit




7)The wok-I got this mini wok from 'Marshalls' and it has a wooden handle thats just what i wanted.I have mastered my art of stir fry after owning this one.




8)Morter and pestle-Using this device is very ancient in india from ayurveda times but I own a small one with different design with large surface area which is unique of its kind,My hubby uses it for fresh cardamom grinding.The picture depicts the unique design which i mentioned so it has special place in my laboratory.



I tried to bring my kitchen stuff and shared my proud belongings with you,these members invite me everyday and i look forward to another day with more excitement in my favourite corner of house.

5 comments:

  1. Hi great collection!!
    Where did u buy that Board??
    Does Ikea till carry them??
    Loved the mortar oil dispenser

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for appreciation!!!...I got board from bed,bath and beyond ...other stuff from crate and barrel...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh kitchen gadgets. I am currently in the process of trying to weed out the unused. Well really so I will have room for some new wants.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Devika, Hope you are perfectly fine. This is really informative post. Being professional mother I know the value of these kitchen gadgets. We can not do anything without them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this great post, i find it very interesting and very well thought out and put together. I look forward to reading your work in the future. kitchentechzone

    ReplyDelete