Thursday, September 22, 2011

Mummas recipe...Radish leaves with roots!!!!!

This recipe speaks of memories with my mother when I was small and she would feed me after I came from school.Its again a simple humble dish of use of all parts of radish but flavours are new and make u want more.
I remember one of my school mate ate my tiffin without me knowing and liked it .He would ask me to carry specially for him and so this was something I can relate to when childhood memories come to me.The veggie goes best with chapatti and is easy to prepare.
Ingredients:
1)4 Radish(mulli)with green leaves
2)Green chillies two diced
3)Salt to taste
4)Ajwain (caraway)1 teaspoon for tempering
5)Mustard oil goes well/any oil for tempering
6)Hing (asafoetida)pinch
To start with, Cut the leaves and radish finely and boil it. Squeeze the boiled vegetable and prepare for tempering it.So we take oil and let it heat add pinch of hing and caraway.Once spluttering add squeezed radish leaves and green chillies.Add salt to taste and let it bhunofy for 10 minutes.The dish is ready to gulp with hot soft chapatti.I personally dont add turmeric but its your choice to go with it.The dish serves two adults and good source of vitamin C and antioxidants.

No comments:

Post a Comment