Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Elbowpasta layered with veggies and white sauce topping.......

I was just not coming to conclusion of what to cook,so after checking my pantry and refrigerator...I was on an experiment of baking my pasta today.It happens with we people to decide each passing day of what to cook?The most difficult question I have to face every day,sometimes hubby helps or sometimes my daughters desire,but usually I have to speed my brain before hunger fuses the top corner.To cook something different and appetising  made me bring out my ingredients on the working table of my lab....

Check out for pasta ,any shape size u prefer.
Check favourite veggies like mushrooms bell pepper,olives,carrots,brocolli,baby corn
Check herbs like oregano,basil
Check fresh ground blackpepper
when u have all this then start your journey through italian dish my style.

First we boil pasta 'aldente' and leave aside while we saute our veggies in a pan.Add herbs and blackpepper as your taste,finally add salt.
Ingredients for White Sauce:
1)Butter one tablespoon
2)Maida(all purpose flour)-one tablespoon
3)Milk 1/2cup
4)Cheese of your preference
First take butter and flour ,mix in pan and let it leave aroma,add milk and keep whisking,dont let it solidify with granules and.bring to saucy consistency. Grate cheese on top of it and switch off heat.Mix the cheese with rest of mix and let it cool

Now comes layering the pasta for bake.Doesnt it remind of lasagne...
Take baking tray.Add layers of pasta with veggies and then finally white cheesy sauce to give final finish
Bake for 20 minutes....Let the top layer go golden...
Dig the dish with hearty spoon...Im sure  u will love it...



No comments:

Post a Comment